2008/09/21

Singing Sands Beach, On Lake Huron, Bruce Peninsula Narional Park, Ontario

Lucio Cedillo Guerrero, 63, a retired factory foreman from Madrid. “When my children were little, we used to go to the beach in Spain every summer. The parents decided things. Things changed now that they’re adults: they get a vote. We do what the majority wants. My wife and I went to Canada for two weeks to visit my daughter, who is a photographer living in Canada. We rented a car in Toronto to travel around part of the country. We went to Niagara Falls; the capital, Ottawa, for a couple of days; and Bruce Peninsula, where my daughter took this photo. The lake really caught my attention, because when you’re walking toward it, you can’t see the water. It’s all mist. We walked at least 500 meters along a huge beach until we reached the water, and there the mist disappeared. But when we turned around and looked back at where we had walked, there was still mist, and we couldn’t even see the car we had left behind. That caused quite an impression.”

No comments: