2008/09/21

Overlooking Wentworth Falls, Blue Mountains National Park, Australia

Jolanta Kalnina, 25, from Riga, Latvia. “I work for Air Baltic, and it’s very commonplace for my colleagues to go for vacation to Bangkok, which I consider too crowded. My boyfriend and I decided instead to stay closer to nature. The main difference between Australia and other places I have traveled is the natural harmony — wild nature and people living together. The nature in Australia is its history and culture at the same time. The most unforgettable thing was the Blue Mountains National Park. We got a bit lost that day and found this lookout point almost by accident, following our intuition. I still remember the lovely excitement we had at the end of this sandy road, where we discovered a point that hadn’t been used in a long time, looking over Wentworth Falls and all the might of nature. It was our first stop on our five-day trip through the park, and the sun created a lovely rainbow over the falls. It was an amazing play of colors in the water. I could never get tired of traveling in Australia, I think."

No comments: